Sunday, August 21, 2011

Week 1 MIST 7500 - What is this blog about?

Hello All!

My name is Len Johnson and I am a grad student at The University of Georgia.  I am enrolled in a Master's of Information Technology program that will take just under two years to complete.  The program is designed to be practical in nature so I can take the concepts I learn in class and directly apply them to my current job.  On a more personal note, I am married and have two kids.  My daugter, Kendall, is nearly three and my son, Kellan, is 13 months (at the time of this first post of course).  I work for an insurance company in the Marietta area as a Business Analyst.  I've been in IT for over 10 years now and I'm hoping this program will help to build upon my technical skills, business skills, and provide a means for me to mean some new people and network.

This blog will contain information as it relates to IT and the topics that we will discuss in my class.  We will be going over several topics throughout the course of the semester and each week I will expand upon the discussions we have in class using this blog. For anyone viewing this blog, I hope that they can come away with some useful knowledge as it pertains to Internet Technologies.  In addition, perhaps they can learn a little about myself as well.  Posts will be weekly so stay tuned for more updates.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment